Sunday, October 3, 2010

Moral of the story: Sweet tea is not at all the same as iced tea.

Every second in Scotland is a photographer's dream, and I do have some pictures coming I promise...however it seriously takes a good thirty minutes to upload one picture, and I just don't have the time or patience today and I wanted to share some updates.

Our DTS has 19 students; 4 boys and 15 girls. So far we're actually getting along really well. Georgia and I have bonded with another Albertan, who thinks we all share some common small town, farming community background. I'm always trying to make friends so I haven't yet had the heart to lay it on him that we know very little about hockey, cowboy hats, the word "eh", or line dancing...he has attempted to converse with us about all these subjects. He was reading a bit of my blog over my shoulder so maybe this will break the news to him. Anyways, I have become quite well versed in the language of different cultures; for instance, when someone in Britain wants to "pool" or "trap" with you, the answer should always be no unless you are in a commited relationship with them and want to take it to the next level. When I revealed that "sweet tea" sounds suspiciously like iced tea, the fellow from Tennessee nearly had an aneurism, and still won't let the discussion drop. Apparently they're as different as two things can be...who knew? Also, you can tell quite a bit about a British school boy by the height of his hair. Apparently the further back the hat sits on his head the "harder" or tougher he is. Man...doesn't that just sound too cool? I've always said I'd date a  man who wears his hat as high as possible.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment